Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eyes.

Eyes.
They're everywhere.
Looking, gazing, peeking.
But these are different:
in the sun they shine like melting gold,
but in the shade they are like an aqua lake.
These eyes don't see the outward look, they see your soul.
Like glass you see right through them,
but at the same time they are deep as the sea and full of mystery.
What are these beautiful spheres that see my heart and soul, that pierce my very being, that make my knees go weak?
They are the most amazing thing I've ever seen but the strangest.
They melt my heart when I think of them.
They are graceful and elegant, yet hard and cold.
Sweet like melting honey, yet bitter with all the memories they give me.
Like a glass lake, yet like a shallow pool.
Full of wonders and thoughts that you almost read, yet hard and full of mystery.
They give me life, and yet take it away.
Eyes: full of beauty and mystery.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write that yourself Becca? It's beautiful, deep, and touched my soul. BYW, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did. Thank you! Love you too.

    ReplyDelete