Tuesday, September 13, 2011

If My Life Was a Movie

I feel the rain cold on my skin.
I hear it falling around me.
I hear feet splashing in the puddles.
People running for cover from this icy shower.
I don't mind.
The icy water numbs the pain.
The raindrops on my face disguise my tears.
I can't block out the memories.
I play them in my head like a bad movie.
That's what my life is.
My life is the movie that no one ever wants to rent.
What if the hero never saved the day?
What if the best friend never had good advice?
What if the guy never got the girl of his dreams?
That's my life.
The disappointing story that no one would listen to.
The rain is falling harder now.
The cold water is soaking down to my very soul yet I feel no difference.
I am ice to the core.
We said goodbye.
The end.
Ending credits.
People walk out of the theater in disappointment.
That's it.
My life is a movie no one wants to see.
I feel the rain cold on my skin.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment