Friday, March 21, 2014

Inspiration (Or Lack There Of)

How is it that I care more deeply for you than I did for him
  While with him inspiration was never lacking?
Is it because my best work came from that heartbreak?
Or perhaps it's due to that fact that after him
  I don't let my feelings have their day
How is it that I can think about you for hours
  And not a word will form under my pen?
I hate that I've won awards for a poem about his eyes
  And can't write a sentence about yours
Was it because hating that you love someone
  Is more poetic than what we have?
Whatever it is that we have.
Maybe I'm just scared that I don't care for
   You as much as I thought.
Or is it crazy to base the interpretation of your
   feelings on poetry, or lack there of?
But if that's the case, then why can't I write about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment